- I have a new modeler on the crew! Russell Alindogan was kind enough to offer to help me out! :)
- I gave him the first modeling assignment which was to modify a rig that I bought. I gave him a few concept sketches and a simple turnaround with notes and brought him up to speed! I'm excited!
- I met up with my mentor Scott this week and showed him my previs. We then went into Maya together and he helped me fix the camera A LOT and it is seriously a world of a difference. I learned SO MUCH about how to make cool cinematic camera angles/movements. Getting a visual and hands on example on how to make it more cinematic helped me get a better grasp on what I need to do. I want to be finished with previs by the first day of school on 1/29.
- Finalized the environment!!! WOO! Brandon also created a sketch to show the scale and other notes that will help the other visdev artists work on the backgrounds.
- I asked the rest of visdev to help me figure out the color/ patterns of Ahmi's clothing.
- I still need to contact the people that I talked about in my last post, but Scott also said he knows someone who could help out and have a very fast turnaround with the music so that is an awesome fall back!