This week has been probably the busiest week of the semester so far! Here's what I did:
- Edited my storyboards based off of critiques I received last Friday
- One of my vis dev artists was super swamped with work this week so I did visual development for them. I edited and changed their designs based off of the critiques I gave them last week. It was a lot of fun doing visual development again :)
- I then received the other vis dev character designs and had the difficult task of deciding on 1 final design from 13 designs!! I talked with my producer for a long time trying to narrow it down
- To help me decide on a final design I took my top 5 designs and drew them over a render of the rig. It helped me get a better idea of how the clothes would fit with my rig's proportions
- The final design I ended up picking was a combination of 3 of Darlene's designs so I had to piece them together and choose the final hairstyle
- I gave vis dev their next assignment: do a turn around of the clothing drawn on some renders I provided of the rig so that next week I can hand it off to start modeling!!! YAY!
- I updated my pitch presentation with all of the new artwork
- I renamed my character Ahmi!
Ahmi's final design!!