Whew! The last month has been crazy busy between my classwork, CTN, Thanksgiving, and finals! So time for a large update:
- Anna Corrales has joined my Vis Dev crew :)
- Allie is not only my producer but she also decided to help me out with modeling some of the props!
- I contacted someone I knew that is really passionate about Maya special effects to help me out with the smoke that will be coming off the monster. He explained to me that while he could do it, it would make things a lot more complicated and add a lot of render time so he suggested I used After Effects for smoke. I also contacted someone else who is interested in 2D special effects and asked if he wanted to help me out! I am now just waiting for a reply.
- I edited and finalized my animatic so that I could move onto PreVis.
- Scott then introduced me to his friend Don Ta who does PreVis for Blizzard. They were both really kind and skyped with me for 2 hours! I learned A TON about camera and lens length and how you can use that to aid in storytelling. All stuff I have never even considered, thought about, or known. It was awesome!
- After talking to Don I started doing PreVis which I hope to finish very soon.
- I got back a set of environment thumbnails!
- The modeling of the main character's clothes is finished and we have just been finessing ncloth to prevent clipping and get it to act how I would like. I have learned quite a bit about ncloth through this process!
- I created a "beauty shot" for my final which was just experimenting with how I should go about layering the 2D backgrounds with the model.
- And I'm currently talking to a musician!
Here is the current state of ncloth. It works fine when doing things like walk cycles but rotating arms in the x axis and quick movement of the legs pose some problems. I'm confident that Byron can fix it!
First set of environment thumbnails!