This week was an incredibly long and hectic week and I've never felt stretched so thin. Since I'm by myself on this project (not teamed up with anyone else in my class), I'm doing everything from directing to previs, art directing, critiques, emails, animation, paintovers, and more. I really need an art director or two.
- I fixed up some more previs which was mainly trying to maintain consistency between some shots.
- I also prepped all the scenes for animation - locking layers, naming cameras and props, uploaded rigs and referenced items to the google drive, etc.
- I have two new animators! Jessica Tong and Hunter Welker!
- I'm working with my producer to try to figure out a time where I can skype with everyone to launch animation. I wanted to get that done this week but once again, too busy.
- Almost finished with the rockrich and staff!
- Did a paint over critique of the staff.
- Need to work on finishing the main character.
- Almost met with a musician this week but it didn't work out. I'm going to email him about next week.
- This week made it very clear that I need an art director because I wanted to start on painting backgrounds weeks ago but I literally just haven't had time to get it all prepared for them to work on it. I talked to Brandon Coates about being my art director and it might actually work! I thought he would be too busy with school and an internship but we might be able to work it out so that worst case scenario he can pick up a chunk of the work.
- I narrowed down the clothing designs to my top two. I need to talk to the artist who designed it about combining elements of the two.