Things are finally coming together!!! Ahh being director is a huge delay of gratification. During preproduction you're like "I just hope this comes together" but once actual production begins it is so fulfilling to see things working! :)
- The search is now on for film festivals to send this to!
- The layouts are coming along nicely! They have been working on the layouts in stages so that if at any moment we had to just use what we had, that everything would be finished to at least a certain point.
- I finished figuring out the size of the first 3 layouts. These ones took a little longer to figure out since the camera pans in these shots. I created giant half cylinders in Maya, UV mapped them with a grid, and used that grid to figure out what parts of the background was actually seen by the camera. From there I opened the grid in photoshop and drew out basic notes like where the horizon line was, blacked out the areas the camera didn't see, and scaled it up so that it was a large enough resolution for the painters. I'll post more details and screenshots of this process soon.
- I gave Russell one last small note for the staff and then it will be DONE! Yay!
- Next he will be working on Ahmi's hair.
- Things are going a little slower than I anticipated so I am going to build a more specific production schedule to kick things into gear
- The search for more animators is on!
- I gave my musician more information that he could use when creating the sound design. Things like what material Ahmi's clothes are made out of, what type of ground they will be running on, what the monster's paws are like, etc. All things that will inform him on what choices he should make for sound effects.
- He said he might have something rough to show me by the end of the week!